Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reuse & Repurpose: A Strapping Bulletin Board

Here's another photo of an innovative bulletin board I snapped while doing research for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.

This handsome eye catcher (somewhat hidden by the pile of art books and magazines) is made of upholstery materials once sat in the foyer of fashion designer John Bartlett and master framer John Esty's former apartment that was featured in The Find. It was crafted out of woven strips of jute chair webbing that crisscrosses in a weathered metal frame. The structure is elegantly illuminated by an articulating lighting fixture that's attached for added interest and usage.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter


5 comments:

  1. Great look! I love the pic with all the books stacked up too, it looks nice.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... fabulous, Stan!
    I love how you "find" the greatest ideas!
    Happy New Year to you!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool board... I could use something like that in my bedroom to hide a big crack and crumbling plaster.

    My anal-compulsive nature wants to restack the books so the largest are on the bottom of each pile.

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - I will take the books AND the bulletin board!!! I find myself stacking books (all kinds!!!) on every flat surface - I love it!

    I have some chair seats I can un-weave...hmmmm...

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin