Monday, January 4, 2010

The Object of My Desire: The Evidence Remains

She was here. Oh yes, it's true.

LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress, and her delightful family dropped by my New York apartment Saturday for a mini-brunch, bringing with her a magnificent bouquet of spring flowers, perfect for boosting my frigid spirits on a glacial winter afternoon.

You know, LeAnn is the first of my blogging pals to have stopped in for a visit. So you can imagine that I was a bit nervous at her seeing my home in person after having spent nearly a week in her beautiful abode while promoting The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at the Round Top market last fall.

I pulled out my favorite printed tablecloth found at a thrift store in my hometown of Independence, Missouri; made a run to Whole Foods for mini-scones, muffins and coconut macaroons; and pulled out my 1970s wooden mushroom tray from J.C. Penney for serving up some cheese and crackers.

I was in such a fun frenzy before my guests' arrival and so intent on catching up during our short visit that I forgot to take pictures. But Leann really was here. I promise. And maybe she'll share with me some of the photographic evidence once she returns to Austin.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

7 comments:

  1. Hey you Darlin' Creature! I loved getting to see your marvelously beautiful abode - you and Veli were loving gracious hosts - we had a blast with you both! I already miss you and can't wait to fling my limbs around you and kiss your face again!

    Of course I'll be sharing "photographic evidence"!!

    take care of you and lots of love from the whole Stephenson family!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! those tulips are tempting! if you 'spring' for a trip to kc later this year, do call - would love to host you for a sidecar and a few funky apps! :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had one of those little 70's appetizer weiner dogs for you... Not that thats all that elegant but it sure would have been dandy. And I remember you liked it!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tulips! Sounds like a fun visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you had lots of laughs with Leann and her family. Love her blog! I bet your place looked relaxed yet perfect.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a fun visit -- certainly fun enough to make your other bloggers jealous :)

    Happy New Year, Stan!

    Lurks

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a HOOT! She cracks me up...and how wonderful to bring Spring flowers! Gorgeous!
    I am off to visit her blog right now. Hugs, Sonya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin