Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sublime Sundays: A Country Christmas

Today, I'm sharing with you a page from a very special scrapbook Mom made for my birthday a few years ago. It's filled with images from Christmas of 1972 at my Grandma Churchill's house way out in the country near Mansfield, Missouri. Those Christmases were filled with fun, family and lots of good food. This was the year that I received a super-groovy, homemade fringed vest made out of vinyl. The photos on the top are of me opening my highly anticipated hippie gear, with my dad surveying the scene from the background. On the bottom left is me with Mom in Grandma's warm dining room, where I'm most certainly awaiting lunch, which featurd a huge pan of cornbread dressing and chicken. On the right is my sister, Cheryl, and me with Grandma and my cousin Gayle. Don't you love the handmade, fringed poncho that Cheryl is sporting? And it probably comes as no surprise to you to see that even then, I was a big ham for the camera.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Pretty seriosuly awesome there!
    I love the first photo where grandpa(?) is sitting in the background, almost in another room, engrossed by his present.
    Fun photos!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my Uncle Bill, and he was engrossed in his present. He loved any gift that anyone gave him....even if it was a package of long johns!

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "WTF" expression in the photo on the top left. I guess you didn't know what to make of G.I. Joe. I had the same disappointed expression when I opened mine. I wanted a Barbie!

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin