Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Hang 'Em Up!

Who would think of spying a lighting structure draped in white boxers on the chic rue Faubourg St. Honoré in Paris?That's exactly what I saw in the footwear store Camper a couple of years ago while strolling my favorite city in the world.

Now if you proceed with attempting this at home, do so with caution! I know that if I illuminated my "collection, " it would end up looking more Beverly Hillbilly than this contemporary French fantasy.

Cin cin for a fantastic New Years Eve!

Always Frugal, Alway Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

7 comments:

  1. I love this... Happy New Year Stan!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mine would look awful if I tried, but it is lovely they way the French can bring it off with style. Good news! My copy of your book arrived yesterday and in the same mail, the personalized bookplate you sent! I can't wait to sit and just enjoy this wonderful book!

    Happy New Year!

    Linda @ A La Carte

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ Beverly Hillbilly!

    Happy New Year Stan!

    Warmly,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh!!! trust me you won't see my undies illuminated anytime soon....!

    to the New Year!!!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan!
    Love this idea! It would work with all my white Victorian bloomers but not so sure about some of the other crazy undergarments I've seen down in our laundry room...
    ...life with adult children!lol...
    I hope that 2010 brings all good things... and especially good junk... to you! Happy New Year!
    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Happy New Year from HAwaii...love your style
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is adorable!! My craft room is all vintage thrift finds (an old Hoosier cabinet, etc.) and this would be really cute as a light over my work area.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin