Friday, December 25, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: A Christmas Wish

On this Christmas day, I'm sharing with you one of my favorite thrifty gifts, once again offered by the generous Sonya at Dime Store Thrift. It's amazing how we've never met, but she seems to know my tastes like few others.

This heartwarming gem was part of a larger gift that included all kinds of French memorabilia, but the Christmas carol book from the 1960s placed temptingly on top of the carefully-wrapped packages reminded me of practicing for grade-school assemblies in the Hanthorn Elementary gymnasium and singing all the old songs in an old country church in Mansfield, Missouri, accompanied by the plunking of an out-of-tune piano and voices that seemed to be crooning in a variety of keys.

Whether you are pitch-perfect or slightly off in your holiday singing, I wish you a day full of music, merriment, family and fun!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

8 comments:

  1. Stan, Isn't Sonya just the best! Love her and what special gifts she has given you. I am planning on buying your book after Christmas with one of my gift cards!! Can't wait after all I have heard about it.

    Have a Merry Christmas,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your vision...smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays Stan!

    Just stopping by all my favorite blogs to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

    xoxo
    Julio & Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Stan! Hope the New Year brings lots of fun thrifting opportunities! Looking forward to sharing finds with you! :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that little song book. In fact I put it with my vintage little Christmas Carolers candles for one of my Vintage Christmas Monday posts. It does bring back memories of grade school chorus and Christmas concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your Christmas was warm and cozy. I do love Sonya, one of my go to blogs for inspiration. What a great Carol Book! Stay warm. Hope you can get out for a bit of after Christmas sale shopping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture brings back so many memories! Like you, I am reminded of elementary school assemblies and practicing songs endlessly for school and church....but now I know all the words without a hymnal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Stan! I am so glad you loved the gifts, they were meant to head your way. And that song book was a last minute inspiration going through Christmas papers in the studio:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin