Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Find: A Reappearance!


Thrift karma is magical, and just like I've noted this type of occurrence in The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details, finding a partner of something discovered in my hometown of Independence, Missouri, at a flea market half-way around the world shouldn't be as much of a surprise to me as it was.

You might recall a pause in the video I showed you last and maybe a photo I showed you in August of a thrifty gift my dad boxed up and sent from home that included a batch of Rice Krispie Treats and a box of multi-colored "Small Forks" from the 1960s and made in Japan.

Well, its all-white version appeared at the Zagreb flea market in Croatia, reminding me of the package my dad sent me from home. The vendor said that it came from the estate of a family that had lived in Canada, and she wanted something like $10 for it. While I snapped a photo to remember these little treasures, the price was a little steep for my budget, so I decided to leave these tiny picks for another in desperate need of the perfect canape accessory.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. I agree that thrift karma really is magical. I can't tell you how many times I've said that I want to find a particular thing, and that same day I find it at an estate or garage sale. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 10-bucks... I think the photo would have done just fine for me too! but what an interesting find on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just wonderful and full of magic when you find something that is true kismet!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin