Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: A Splash of Flash



If you're like a lot of my blogging pals, you've embraced the mood-elevating virtues of glitter, one that Sonya of Dime Store Thrift has practically mastered as an art form. Just look at this once-grim Goodwill Santa that Sonya gave an attitude adjustment with a healthy dip of glitter, earning her the title that I fondly bestowed upon her: Glitterella.


Sonya's not the only creative talent to have caught the glitter bug. On a recent trip to Rome I spied in a single window display showing off some ideas on what to glitter if what you've got stuff hanging around doesn't seem to have enough shimmer and shine!




Do you have a sad little teapot or a boring alarm clock that needs a boost of energy? Why, glitter it!



Has your coffee pot lost its morning oomph? Zing it up with a zap of glitter!


Did your sunglasses lose their paparazzi powers? Serve them up a dose of glitter!



Is your water bottle boring, your toothpaste tube lost its bite or your box of tissues tearful? Go right ahead and give it all some glitter!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous! (And always ready for a bit of glittering!)

The Elegant Thrifter


4 comments:

  1. I love all the glitterati! What a marvelous idea to give everyday objects some shimmer - and frankly, Santa has never looked so good! I see some glitter in my future!

    xoxo,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone sent me a vintage Christmas postcard, which she had enhanced with glitter. Ever since I opened the envelope, I keep finding glitter on my hands, clothes, cheek, etc. I love it!

    Merry Christmas, Stan, from your Lurkiest friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitter is the gift that keeps on giving all over you!!! Loved these ideas.
    Merriest of Christmases to you Stan...glad we met.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...My knees are weak. Thankfully I was sitting down. I am SO gonna glitter a coffee pot!!
    Glad you got 'home' safe and sound and excited we are in the same time zone at least:)
    Merry Christmas sweetie!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin