Thursday, November 5, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Start Your Engines!

While perusing Whisper Wood Cottage the other day, I saw this fabulous lamp made out of Chevrolet pistons and transmission gears. It's so elegant and architectural, and the natural patina helps its mechanical shapes blend easily into a traditional decor.

It also complements the piece of an industrial fan that she has leisurely placed inside the fireplace.

Now Amy at Whisper Wood credits her talented husband for coming up with this one-of-a-kind piece of portable lighting. See what happens when great creative minds get together!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous

The Elegant Thrifter

Remember to RSVP to Gardenhouse Decor when it hosts The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. Special decorating guests featured in The Find Randall Beale of Beale-Lana will be there along with Carl & Co.'s Mark Ciolli.

Tell your friends!

Thursday, November 12

6:00 to 8:00 PM

Gardenhouse Decor

437 Northwood Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33407

RSVP to 561-832-8260




9 comments:

  1. This lamp is most unusual. How wonderful that someone was able to reuse and repurpose these parts into something so wonderful.

    Thank you so much Stan for visiting my Blog and your lovely comment on my new design.

    Warmly,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius idea. This my dear, is what I call a "mantique" - antiques for men! My husband bought the grill of a 1930'something Peugot at a flea market in France to be a sculputure - wall art - in his bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, as I am drawn to things with an industrial edge. Excellant re-use indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty terrific! I wonder if they want to buy my currently not working mini van and make lots of lovely lamps with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Stan! You always make me smile! Thank you for the flattering feature of my hubby's lamp! I can't wait to show him!! I admire your never-ending generosity and kindness.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stan,
    What a great example of incomporating/transforming "found objects" into functional works of art! It looks great in the space, and the shade complements it beautifully. Thanks for sharing this brilliant idea.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stan, email me. Just click on my profile on The The Thrifty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You would love the trifting near me - 45 minutes from Baltimore, DC, Gettysburg - I run the roads - come check us out....Jennifer oh, and Thrift stores upscale resale Goodwill Amvets Ooohhh La De Da!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin