Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Lit Lickers

When I spied this lamp at Decades, a vintage consignment shop in Fort Lauderdale, I was reminded of being a kid and making all kinds of crafts out of Popsicle sticks. We would take colored yarn and weave it through the crossed sticks to make God's Eyes, or layer them on top of each other to craft little frame around a biblical scene.

My friends laugh at me when I threaten to start a Vacation Bible School home accessories collection, filled with carved soap figurines, sand deserts in lidded, baby-food jars, terrariums in vinegar jugs or faux leather jars with shards of masking tape colored with shoe polish.

Any backers for the VBS Collection?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. Oh wah! My church had a pool (it was southern California, after all) so all we got to do at VBS was swim. I totally missed out on the popsicle stick stuff, although I made a pretty awesome lanyard at Girl Scout camp one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stan,
    Just wanted to say a big "thank you" for sending your plate to me...and so quickly...I'm impressed!...I'm not THAT organized here, lately anyway. It will certainly make the gifts to my daughter and friend so very extra special!!
    My Best
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my neck of the woods the scouts would create with popsicle sticks...That is one scary lamp by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah VBS . . .Good times, good times! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you selling these? I really want this lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to make this with my Vacation Bible School class. How can I get the instructions? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin