Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Fresh Frozen Fun!


Rummaging through all the goodies in Warrenton's Texas Antiques Week with The Vintage Laundress, LeAnn Stephenson, turned up so many goodies that my bags were stuffed full when I returned to New York.

As you know, I love old cookbooks, so why wouldn't I also adore these old freezer boxes? They were completely unused, but a couple had been labeled to hold grated zucchini back in 1977. Oh, and they were about 25 cents!

My guess is that the person who prepared these boxes was super-organized, labeled them in advance and then didn't have enough garden-fresh zucchini to fill them. (Now as I recall, any time anyone I know has ever planted zucchini they've always had an abundance, so much so that it's a task to even give it all away! )

During Halloween, I took all these little boxes, filled them with candy and tied a bow on them as a party favor for a treat of fresh frozen fun!

Tonight's the night to come to Gardenhouse Decor when it hosts The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. Special decorating guests featured in The Find Randall Beale of Beale-Lana will be there along with Carl & Co.'s Mark Ciolli.

Tell your friends!

Thursday, November 12

6:00 to 8:00 PM

Gardenhouse Decor

437 Northwood Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33407

RSVP to 561-832-8260

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter



4 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like that.. very cool. I love the favour box idea too. I need to go to parties with great stuff like that... of course the company would have been fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius! Have a great event tonight and tell Cheryl Hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are really really cute, never seen them or the like before..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin