Friday, November 20, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: Hellooooo Valerie!

Oh my! Valerie is off the chain!

When I went about creating a hostess gift for Cheryl Maedor of Gardenhouse who hosted a fab event in West Palm Beach last week for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details, all I had to do was open my wardrobe trunk full of
vintage handbags for another Hooch Bag creation!

She looks all innocent and proper from the exterior -- her chic Parisian frame crafted especially for Saks Fifth Avenue back in the day. And why, she is even sporting a vintage Pierre Cardin scarf. But release her dainty clasp -- and woaaaah -- you discover she's a party gal packed with on-the-go margaritas, maraschino cherries, a TGI Fridays cocktail shaker, packs of candy cigarettes and a cordial glass to boot.

When it gets messy, she has a rain bonnet from Simmons Funeral Home in Kansas City, Kansas; if it's too hot, she's got a fan; and if she's looking for a travel destination, there's a 1940s brochure about Ponte Verdra on the Florida Coast.

Let's just say this daring lady is ready for anything!

If you'd like a Hooch Bag for a gift or special occasion, visit me over at The Hooch Bag!

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stan -
    Breathless....Love the Hooch bag and all of it's goodies! I know how you love your Dolly Parton T-Shirts and wanted to share with you what I just heard on the radio. Dolly is opening a shop in downtown Nashville featuring all things Dolly!
    Hugs,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift!

    I ordered your book and it arrived yesterday. It is fabulous and I have been curled up with my coffee this morning and wandering though each page. Well done! I LOVE my book!

    Warmly,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin