Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Find: Fun in the Florida Sun













As much as we might complain about technology that chains us to our computers and BlackBerries, the camaraderie and friendship that's generated in Blog Land never ceases to amaze.

It was via a friendly email that I met fine art photographer Cheryl Maedor Antonio who is also the proprietor of the amazing vintage design shop Gardenhouse. She had run across The Elegant Thrifter, and sent me a note to say hello.


I immediately went to her Website and discovered her cheery and artistic hand cleverly adept at turning other people's cast-offs into fabulous design treasures. Of course, I find myself drawn to all the old metal furniture that she spruces up and gives new life, as well as her colorful take on repurposing old lighting.

And then there's her art, which reminds me of impressionistic paintings of St. Tropez, even though they are her signature "Dreamscape" photographs taken on the Florida beach!

Then one day I emailed Cheryl and asked her if she'd like to have a book signing for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details in her shop. And guess what, she said yes! Since then, we've had so many conversations -- both lighthearted and meaningful --that I feel like Cheryl is one of my oldest childhood friends....and we've never even met in person.

So get ready for a festive get-together filled with tons of surprises and special guests in West Palm Beach! You'll adore Cheryl, her original art and her beautiful shop. And I'll have books on hand to sign especially for you.



Thursday, November 12

6:00 to 8:00 PM

Gardenhouse Decor

437 Northwood Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33407

RSVP to 561-832-8260

Can't wait to see you there!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely Blog. I would love to have your book so I am off to see if I can locate a copy.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Warmly,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find blogasphere to be a quantum world within a world. It is amazing.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, wonderful. I love when people rethink art in new ways... Thanks for the introduction to her Dreamscapes. I love those kinds of thoughtful images.

    Lovely.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin