Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Sweet Treats

Even though I baked these goodies for a birthday party back in October, I would make the cake again for a festive, fall gathering like Thanksgiving. I found inspiration in the October issue of Southern Living where they made mini pumpkin cakes out of specially shaped tins, drizzled them with a rum glaze and then topped them off with leaves and tendrils fashioned out of pressed out caramel.

Of course, everywhere I went was sold out of the pumpkin-shaped tins, so I bought two smaller bundt pans and used the same recipe to make a big pumpkin. It needed to cook about 20 minutes longer than the recipe suggests. But let me tell you, this pumpkin-y delight is so delicious and easy to make that I've already made it twice. And since I'm not one to leave well enough alone, I paired it with a plate of chocolate cupcakes with coordinating icing!

I'd love to send you a sampling, but instead, why not start visiting me on Monday, November 30, when I start my very first mystery gift giveaway. I can assure that this silly little item I'm offering will travel much better than a slice of cake and I don't recommend that you attempt to eat it.

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!


3 comments:

  1. love, love, love the bundt - like a gelatin mold for cake :)

    btw, i nominated you for a k.blogger award.

    have a grand turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would still love to sample your cake - and know I'd love to have you try some of my recipes -love your artful site. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin