Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Street Inspiration

Since I leave tomorrow on a trip to Europe, I'm especially attracted to anything that makes me think of the glamorous day of travel, such as this 1954 ad for Lady Baltimore luggage.

No, we won't be sailing the high seas on this voyage to arrive half-way around the world. Instead, we're heading over to Rome and then Croatia on a Lufthansa Airbus, which always has me wondering.....how much and how to pack.













Now if it were the good old days of travel when we weren't packed like sardines into a plane, I might have picked up this Lady Baltimore suitcase for sale on the street in the East Village for $5. Heck, for $1 more, I could have taken the whole library of books for a little reading material in-flight.

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. Have a lovely trip and I hope you find lots of Treasures on your adventure.

    Bon Voyage!
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your trip is fabulous - be careful and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safe and have fun! And send me a postcard! That suitcase was wonderful, you should have grabbed it:)

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin