Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Surprises! BOO!

You never know what you'll find at a flea market, and September's Texas Antiques Week in Warrenton was no exception. While I was strolling the wares laid out over acres of farmland with Scott Stephenson (the husband of the famous and fabulous Vintage Laundress, LeAnn Stepenson) and his lovely kids Olivia and Noah, just what do we fall upon but this aluminum coffin.

The vendor suggested using it as a drink cooler at a party, but Scott, being the good sport that he is, hopped in and tried it on for size! There's a note above it that says: " Great gift for the future ex-husband." Well I can say Scott's definitely a real keeper, but when we went to see if the ghoulish find was there the next day, it wasn't!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

8 comments:

  1. This disturbs me more than I already was! Happy Boo day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan,

    I just found your blog...I love fabulous finds too! In fact, my blog is called Finding Fabulous...for less! Stop by when you get the chance. I also host my own day on Friday's called Frugalicious Friday (just getting started). This day is all about sharing your fabulous, thriftiest...most frugalicious home decor finds! (and Diy projects too). I'd love it if you could join in. Is your day called "the Find"?

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this whole coffin thing a bit creepy, my son finds it "Cool". A generation gap, perhaps?

    Thanks fo stopping by my blog. I feel like a celebrity unexpectedly came to vist. Were the floors clean? Did I dust? Was my lipstick smeared? Come back! ~Shara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stan!
    I like the idea of using the coffin as a cooler. Thanks for stopping by and Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan,
    one can always use it to cool a body....

    Trick-or-treat - and
    ghostly yours!
    ;))) Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just nothing like a big ol' TOOLBOX.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings Stan!
    The winner of The Find giveaway has been drawn, and the lucky lady is Kate of http://salvagedior.blogspot.com/
    Check your e-mail for her contact info.
    Thanks so much for helping to make my giveaway a smashing success!

    Anne @ http://fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is a riot... I love a person with a sense of humour...

    Thanks so much for popping by my blog yesterday... my apologies for being so rude and not answering sooner... I feel very priviledged to have you visit and follow me too... I hope I do you proud.

    I love your blog and I love your style...Congrats on your new book... I will be your next buyer when I can get my hands on one... I only hope I will be as good as you some day... pop by, grab a coffee and sit a spell... I will be doing the same.
    Hugs... Deb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin