Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Ghoul-icious!

Got a ghoulish skull candle that needs a spark of pizazz and a scintillating sizzle? Well, if you're M.L over at the House of Whimsy, a little dip into a bed of green glitter can turn a bland, ordinary skull into a spook-tacular object of luminary qualities.

When it comes to crafts, I say, if in doubt, glitter it. I have this running conversation with Sonya over at DimeStoreThrift about the virtues of glitter. Why, I've seen the sly and crafty Sonya apply massive amounts of the sparkly stuff to a plastic reindeer as well as a candle holder to much shimmery success.

Recently, when she acquired a demonic looking Santa Claus and asked for advice on how to soften his harsh demeanor and enliven his spirit, I offered my take: "Glitter Him! Glitter him! Just dump him in a tub of glitter and go for it! I dare you! I beg you!"

I am awaiting the results....

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE HIM! He is perfect with that colour on him!! And ohhhh, the SPARKLES:)

    I have been terribly busy down in the dungeon getting everything 'just right' so that is why there has been no picture of my stern Santa. And I ran out of red glitter! How does this happen??

    But I truly love what you did with your skull. I never thought of glittering candles before, this opens up a whole new world to glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, now you've truly hit on my own theory.. you cannot have too much glitter. I'm not a hugh holiday decorator, so to decorate my space at Catty Wampus, my daughter and I glittered lots of tiny skulls and placed them in/on things for sale. A big TA DA indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! I've come to the conclusion that I don't have near enough glitter in my life.

    Must.Glitter.Something.Soon.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, thanks for the shout-out and link. How fun! Now I'm off to check out Dime Store Thrift.
    Great stuff over here! : )
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin