Friday, October 23, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: My Gift to You

Again, I feel compelled to share with you my thankfulness to everyone who has purchased a copy of The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details. For many of you, I've been honored to write a personal message within its pages, while others, even though I feel like we've been friends since childhood, I haven't yet been graced with the opportunity.

Lately, many of my dear friends in Blog Land have offered to mail me their books to sign for them. I would gladly accept the offer, but then I started thinking about how much money it takes to mail a book back and forth across the country. Believe me, I know first-hand how much shipping these books around can cost! And then, how horrible I would feel if a book got or damaged in the mail.

So to make the process more simplified and safe, and to ring true with The Elegant Thrifter message of frugal and fabulous living, I designed plates for anyone who wants me to add a personal message to The Find. And I'm proud to announce that the first person who'll be sent The Elegant Thrifter plate is none other than glitter-iffic Sonya over at Dime Store Thrift. Sonya was among the first few bloggers, along with my treasured LeAnn Stephenson TheVintage Laundress, to find me in Blog Land. The two of them have done so much for me over the past year that I should put them on the payroll -- if there were one!

Would you like your own personalized plate?

Just email me your address and I'll pop one in the mail especially for you or a loved one ... or even someone you don't like so much!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!


6 comments:

  1. How sweet and generous of you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan, I just found your blog. It was great visiting with you at the blog party at Zapp. I'm loving my book and I'm tickled that you got to sign mine. The plates are a great solution. Good for you! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan,
    I visit you almost every day, but
    don't always leave a comment...sometimes I guess I just like to look...anyway I have purchased your wonderful book, The Find, for my daughter for Christmas (gosh hope she doesn't read this...oh well, I'm sure she already knows!) I would love you to send me a plate for her book! Her name is Heather. You can email me at Galebrisa@aol.com and I can give you my addy if that's how you do it? Thanks for such a fabulous book! Sorry I wasn't able to get it from you first hand in Texas..I was there in the Spring not Fall. Thank you so much for this generous offer.
    My Best
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME...Me...Me...I must have a bookplate! Hi Stan...sorry I haven't been popping in lately...14 days from the Open houses at BOTH stores! We have lost our minds...and even though it's now 1am...I still have email to catch up on before I collapse.
    Thank you so much for following my silly little blogs! It means alot to me.
    And to answer your question (which to tell you the truth...I just this minute saw)...We DO NOT Carry your wonderful book at the store yet!
    I need to get you to hook us up! I meet with the owners again Monday...we will chat!
    I now have given it to 2 friends as gifts and keep mine right here to read at night...LOVE IT!
    I will email you about my bookplate tomorrow
    Have a wonderful evening...donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Okay, I am so super excited about this! What a great solution. Thank you Stan for thinking of all of us and taking the time to do something like this. It's very generous! I have so enjoyed your book and this just makes it even more special. Thank you so much Stan! I will email you with my address.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stan, It arrived in the mail yesterday and I cannot thank you enough...this is just as wonderful as having it signed in person! I am so honored and blessed by your friendship and always wish nothing but the best for you.
    Hugs, Sonya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin