Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Hey Doll Face!

I recently told you about the thrift trance that overcame me a few weeks ago as I entered a room full of ephemera at an estate sale in the Pacific Palisades. Well, here's a little something that contributed to my altered state.

This doll tree was right outside the door of the ephemera room in the same home of a much-in-love couple who clearly adored world travel. Wherever they went, I like to imagine they carefully plucked their favorite dolls representative of the country they had visited, and then lovingly perched them on this funny, wooden tree.

This might also have been one of their favorite holiday decorations. I'm especially attracted to this doll tree because it shows how a personal collection can be cleverly grouped and proudly displayed as a decorative object in a room decor. Now I don't know about the croc loafers sitting on the credenza, but the tree, at $65, was being whisked away by another couple as I was staggering out of the room full of old certificates and diplomas, vintage photos, travel brochures, love notes and hand-made Christmas cards.


Talk about a tree of life....



Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter




4 comments:

  1. Can you imagine the memories attached to that.
    Sweet!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "tree" brought to mind...the ride at Disneyland "It's a Small World". That tree could have been amazing for staging many different holiday jondras! fun post...
    My best
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wizard is right....and It's a Small World was very popular at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That might be one of the top 10 coolest things I have seen done with traveling memories...what a fabulous idea and a steal at $65! Do you wish you had scooped it up?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin