Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: A Bleecker Street Spooktacular

The very best thing about window shopping is that it doesn't cost a dime. And when it starts nearing Halloween in New York City, goblins and ghouls appear in all the shop windows, frightening the unexpected at every turn.

Even where I live on Bleecker Street, you only have to walk half a block to get the wits scared out of you in the displays at the contemporary apparel shop Atrium. A veritable haunted house beckons with a horrific skeleton stuffed into an old suitcase or a sweet wicker basket pouring out frightful skulls!

Designer Marc Jacobs got into the act at in all of his stores a little farther West, where zombies loom and grab at unsuspecting prey. And just around the corner was a townhouse completely covered in gigantic furry spiders and their tangled webs.

Muscle up your courage, and if you dare, take a spirited tour with me as we stroll through my neighborhood for freakish frights and scary, scary spooks.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter


video


When you're finished here, be sure to head over to Fiona and Twig for a fabulous giveaway that includes a copy of The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details!

7 comments:

  1. You live in the coolest neighborhood!
    The giant spiders and webs are the best:+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above...your neighborhood is brimming with creativity! You are living the dream Stan, my boy! (Sorry, still speaking in a British accent)
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, people around you sure go all out... lucky duck! My son would love to take a tour. Love your blog too.. I will definately have to keep up with your escapades. I wrote a bit about your blog and book on my site at http://thefrugaldollhouseaddict.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKET.....

    BEST STREET IN NYC....

    LIJEP POZDRAV IZ RIJEKE....

    MKF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video Stan! I loved it! Thanks for giving us a tour. It was perfectly spooky!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video tour. And I'm completely crushing on your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin