Friday, September 4, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: Lava Love!

Before I head off for a few days, I'm leaving you with a video I made of my making papier mâché volcanoes that'll serve as vases during Jononamor Decor's Senor Amor and Jonona's wedding next week.

I made 20 of these lava lovelies, and my only cost was the acrylic paint and the shipping. Beside viewing my take on an inexpensive accent to what is sure to be a non traditional wedding, get ready for several birds-eye views of my bald pate and a scene that features (Yikes!) dirty dishes in the sink!

video

On my way to Krakatoa.....


The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous and fun... those words describe both the vocanic vases and the elegant thrifter. Thanks for sharing.

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! 20!! You are darlin' friend - wonderful job - you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan,

    Just found you doing some research for a project I am doing - helping Ki Nassauer for her Junk Bonanza. Have been given the title "Thrifty Mom" and am shopping local thrift for a fabulous table scape! Happy to have discovered your blog and will be off tomorrow in search of your book....inspirational! Know lots of your blog friends you follow! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at THOSE! How did I miss this?! I am very impressed and like what the umber did to the vases, they are awesome!

    I love the idea of paper machie and have done a bit with the instant paper, but would love to try it old school...something about paper and glue, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i have a papier-mache thing myself... how cool you made volcanos

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin