Friday, September 11, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: Hot Lava-ed


If you've been following my volcano-making over the past few months, you know I've been working frantically to make 21 volcanoes for Jonamor Decor's Senor Amor and Jonona's wedding coming up this Sunday. All of my lava lovelies made it to LA just fine, and Jonona greeted me on Tuesday evening with our brown babies all gorgeously glittered! Just wait until we add more red and black lava rocks and the floral explosions that rise from the mouth of these vivacious volcanoes.

For more frugal entertaining ideas, pick up The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon or Powell's.

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stan

    What a project! Very cool. I wanted you to know about my blog giveaway today. A gift certificate to some neat French vintage pieces is up for grabs.

    Visit my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan, so looking forward to the book signing event at my blog party. And, I can't wait to get my hands on your book and of course meet you! Thanks for agreeing to do this, very exciting. I did a post on you today. Have a great weekend, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found out from Theresa at Vintage Garden Antiques that you are going to be at her Blog party in Warrenton! My friend and I are trying to figure a way to fly from San Diego for just a day, so we can power shop ( I do mean power shop) go to the Blog party and fly home....It will take some fanigaling, but there's hope. Would love to met you and get a copy of THE FIND that everyone's raving about!!
    My Best
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to meeting you at the blog party in Warrenton and getting my hands on your book...

    Regards,

    Shelley
    www.sweetpeahome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to meet you at Theresa Cano's blog party! I am dying to get my hands on a copy of your book!
    Theothertheresa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin