Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: The $4.16 Take

For me, there's nothing more fun than dashing into a thrift shop and being amazed by what catches your eye, especially if you're with my thrifty, eagle-eye shopper, Ruth Handel. She took me to Timeless Treasures in Culver City yesterday, and here's the lot of my purchase, not counting the potato masher that Ruth nabbed for 50 cents.

Of course, I'm always drawn to French memorabilia, like the brochure from the Champagne region on the top left. And then there's the Italian Disco Oraro right next to it. I'll use it next week to let treasure hunters know when I'm around at the Texas Rose Antique Show with LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress. I'll be selling and signing copies of The Find: Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details on September 26 and September 29.

I could just go on and on....the pink mimeographed leaflet from the Des Moines County Historical Museum, a 1980s brochure from the Biltmore House in Asheville, N.C., and a 1960s pamphlet about the Punchbowl Crater in Honolulu. And then, of course, is the Hawaiian oven mitt at the top of the photo...perfect for baking more pineapple upside-down cakes.



The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!





2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin