Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reuse & Repurpose: Music to my Eyes

Reading by the light of the trumpet....now there's a far-flung concept that the creator of this lamp realized by illuminating an old horn.

My decorator friends swear that you can turn anything into a lamp, and this find at the Allemany Flea Market in San Francisco demonstrates just that.

What have you turned into a lamp?


For more ideas to repurpose everyday objects, pick up The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon orPowell's.


The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!










2 comments:

  1. You are so right. I have seen lamps made from tons of different things. Some of them reall weird. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have turned a large Baroque candle holder into a lamp.

    I would adorn the lampshade with some cool beads and possibly rust or verdigris the trumpet. Am I egocentric? Aren't all artists?

    Always colorful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin