Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fabulous & Fun: Off to Brooklyn!

While certainly not the prettiest of my posts, I hope you enjoy the video I made of a recent trip to Brooklyn to discover what kinds of treasures Williamsburg might offer. I had already planned on seeing my pal Liz Teich of ETC Modern Vintage at the Artists and Fleas Market, but as for the rest of the day, it was a bit of an adventure.

I hope you enjoy!


For more unexpected discoveries, pick up The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon or Powell's.



The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!












9 comments:

  1. I loved that Stan - you are a born television host! I want more - more - more videos!!
    xoxo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You made me want to be walking the streets of Brooklyn! Loving that record player...and was that White Witch a spin off of Narnia?! GOD I loved the 70's, wish I was about 5 years older to have totally appreciated them.
    Keep em coming, Stan!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the clip very much. It was informative and fun and cute as bakelite button -- and so are you.

    lurky

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet was she to give you that bracelet!? And I love those watch band pieces!! Great post!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER FAB POST!! Loved the video...look out... I may be comin to Brooklyn now!!! Sooooo, did you decide yes on the stuffed fox / wolf thing??? My gracious..............
    SMiles,
    Beth
    if you get a minute and want a good chuckle, pop on over to my blog and read about my Goodwill episode on Monday! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that coyote was in my yard last week! If you want one of those cheap, just give me a yell. LOL.

    Fun video. What a cool story about the bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stan,
    You are a natural! I hope someone watching this gives you your own TV show. Perhaps all us Elegant Thrifter fans should lobby for it. What would be the best network? Seriously, you would have a huge audience. There's a new king of all media. All hail Stan.
    Best,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun outing! Now I want to go to Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun! Now I want to go to Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin