Friday, July 10, 2009

The Gift of Thrift: Dreamy Desires

Once again, my pals at Liberty Gold sent the fruit-of-honor for the pineapple upside-down cake I made for my friends at Mill Valley, California's Maison Rêve last night when they fêted The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. The celebration was most certainly warrented, since its the vision of Yasmine McGrane, Maison Rêve creator, whose work is featured on The Find's cover. Her inspiration for creating a life you love is infectious!

My morning started by searching for just the right platter on which to serve my cake, and in a few minutes found it at a thrift store not far from where I'm staying in Pacific Heights. I saw lots of options for under $5, but settled on a swirled glass, raised dish with a golden trim. Making the cake was easy enough, since I travel with a vintage cake pan, and, as usual, it was a hit! I owe the recipe to several people who asked at last night's event.

I have tons of pictures from the event, which I'll share later, and have made so many new friends. Thank you Maison Rêve!



For more about Yasmine and her Maison Rêve, pick up The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon or Powell's.



Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin