Monday, April 13, 2009

The Object of My Desire: Follow This Thread

What do you say to a guy when he tells you he is a crochet artist -- one that specializes in a masculine art form of the time-honored handicraft? I say, get your stitch on! I met Nathan  Vincent a while back, and when he showed me his work on his iPhone, well, I was entranced.

A life-sized lawn mower? A urinal? A full-on bear pelt? Even a working recliner? But it was the dainty doilies that really caught my eye -- ones that featured masculine motifs, such as a Superman logo or a wrench, in the center of a dainty frill of crochet thread.

Nathan is a super chap, with a quick wit and nimble fingers. Check out Nathan by clicking on the Martha Stewart show here!

While you're at it, click on Amazon and pre-order my book, The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details

Living Frugally, Always Fabulously,

The Elegant Thrifter




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin