Monday, April 20, 2009

The Object of My Desire: Duly Noted.













I almost passed up these greeting cards from Historic Williamsburg -- the one in Virginia, NOT Brooklyn! The stationery wasn’t something I was looking for when I was poking around at the Brooklyn Flea Pop-Up Market the other day, but having dug through old pieces of car logos and mis-matched cufflinks, I was about to give up and go home until I landed on this set of whimsical stationery that was still in their boxes and completely useable.

One set features authentic settings of people gathered, either in the middle of a chore or enjoying a meal, all in period outfits, of course. And then there's another box of authentic recipes to re-create over a wood-burning fireplace and a cast-iron kettle. Clearly the person who purchased these back in the 1960s loved them so much that she couldn't bear to break up a set by actually using them, since all three boxes have their cards and envelopes in tact.

Watch your mailbox for a note from The Elegant Thrifter – Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

For some indoor fun, order my book The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Powell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin