Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Embrace the Unexpected

I snapped this image as I was scouting fashion designer John Bartlett and master framer John Esty’s West Village apartment for print consideration for my book, The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details.

Made out of four triangular terrazzo molds, the treasures held inside inspire the imagination: an old clock, a misplaced ruler, chair spindles, a paint brush and a rusty horseshoe thrown in for good luck.

Check out the Johns' work at Housing Works' Design on a Design Event on May 7. Visit www.shophousingworks.com for more info.

Lucky Charms to you from The Elegant Thrifter – Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

Buy The Find by clicking on Barnesandnoble.com or Amazon.com.

2 comments:

  1. I am eager to get this book! Glad I found you and your site. Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonya,

    I'm adding you to my blog list and blog that I follow. Join mine, if you wish!

    Stan Williams, The Elegant Thrifter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin