Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Curious Discovery

One of my new favorite websites is Curious Sofa. I can't believe I've never heard of the shop -- especially since it's in my hometown of Kansas City! Well, actually, I grew up in Independence, Missouri and this lovely little shop is in Prarie Village, Kansas, but that's close enough, especially since Kansas City splits its name between the Kansas and Missouri border.

On Curious Sofa owner Debbie Dusenberry's blog, she sadly discusses the demise of Country Home, yet another casualty of the shrinking world of shelter magazines. She recounts how she was readying her home for a photo feature in the magazine, but it looks like it will never happen.

I love the pictures that she featured on her blog so much that I decided to share them here. I am drawn to her simple, yet chic, dining room with white painted chairs to coordinate with the china cabinet in the background. And nothing delights me more than a perfectly cultivated collection of odd objects whose interesting shapes and heights make them an appeal focal point.  

Living Frugally, Always Fabulously!

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Stan. "Living frugally" is the only way I seem to recycle these days.
    Can't wait for the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stan!! Curious Sofa is pure heaven to me! I am surprised, too, that you've never been there. I want to walk in, lay down, and roll around in all of it's vintagey goodness.

    Debbie Dusenberry (whom my friend, RuAnn refers to as her "very best friend that doesn't know I exist") was recently featured in KC Spaces as well.

    I'm so glad you found this treasure. If you're ever home in KC, I would love to go with you to Curious Sofa! They might have a hard time getting us to leave, however! :)
    g

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin